first person show collision solids

Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to show the collision solid when you are in the first person, iow, there is no visible avatar. I’m not sure exactly what this would look like, since it would be sort of a half-bubble in front of you as you move through the environment, but if it is possible, it would be nice to see. I’m not able to see it right now, but I’m not sure if that is because of the additional library I am using (PandaEPL), or because it just isn’t possible. Here is what I am doing:

a = avatar.retrNodePath().getChild(0).node()
print a
collisionNode = avatar.retrNodePath().find(’**/+CollisionNode’)
collisionNode.show()
print a

I get
CollisionNode PandaEPL_avatarCollision (1 solids) (hidden)
CollisionNode PandaEPL_avatarCollision (1 solids)

Which makes me think that it would be showing, if it were possible. If it is not possible, then I have a question about the first person avatar’s radius. Is the minimum radius for a first person avatar always the width of the camera? I was hoping to make it slightly smaller, but that doesn’t seem possible, and I just wanted to verify where my sphere really was.

thanks,
Maria

You could try “setTwoSided”, but I’m not sure if it works on collision nodes.

collisionNode.show()
collisionNode.setTwoSided(True)

The only thing that I think would affect whether the inside of a sphere around your avatar shows up or not would be the “near” value on “base.camLens” object (if your character’s head were too close to the inside of the sphere it might not show up when looking from the avatar’s POV), you can read about the camera and such here: Lenses and Field of View