purpose of panda3d.py

No… nothing recognizes this. Main culprit is fact that there is no way for skeleton generator to know parameter names. And those multiple overload definitions are just made up by me. For each overload we can put description under it’s parameters then.

Or… I have another idea. Both PyDev and PyCharm can “pull” autocompletion information from sort of stub files. In PyDev they are *.predef files that are added in settings. We even worked out some basic things for it here. PyCharm generates those stubs itself and stores in it’s settings directory. I am thinking maybe it would be worth investing time in writing a predef file generator for IDEs to use. Remember when i asked for doxygen xml output? Thats what i wanted to do back then. But there still is problem with overloads. I tested PyCharm - added new function with the same name to skeleton file that aids autocompletion. IDE picks up only later function. First one is nowhere to be seen. To make them all appear overload names have to be different. But probably its not best idea to litter api with things like function(), function1(), function2() etc… Im out of ideas