Installer with more options

The ‘self-contained’ option only work for the ‘installer’, right?
So I still have no idea how could I pack two or more executables into one installer.

For windows I can make a installer for the main exe and a installer for the configuration exe, install both then put all the file in one directory and make a new NSIS install script - that’s madness and I still wouldn’t have a Mac or Linux version :confused:

The way I see my problems solved:

1. What I said in post #1
  2. Custom ‘start menu’ entries (so I could run my executable with a command line option)
  3. The ‘standalone’ version working with the ‘-s’ option
  4. Make the ‘standalone’ version use its own directory the same way an installed version.

My options now are:

1. Make an installer without the configuration utility and tell the players to hand edit a text file if they want to change some graphic options or rebind keys (would work for PyWeek, but I can’t say that looks professional)

2. Distribute as a zipped directory and tell the players to make their own shortcuts if they want to. I could call it a ‘portable version’ - but it would not be, because an internet connection is still needed, after downloading the 200-300 MB the game still needs to download some extra stuff to work (this could work OK, if I was BLIZZARD :imp: )

3. Learn to use NSIS, make two installers to make a third one(sic!), and then tell all the non-windows users to use option #1 or #2.

If Panda3D was more popular then I’d be happy to distribute .p3d files, until then this sucks :cry: