My website on p3dp.com

Hi!

I’ve been away from the panda3D community for a while and hasn’t been watching my webpage on p3dp.com for a while. I was receiving email from people asking me question or advice almost every 2 or 3 weeks but it stop a while ago. Today, I tried to show my page to a friend and saw that it’s not working. In fact, it seems that the complete p3dp.com is gone. My page was http://darkjaff.p3dp.com and it was hosting my game “Silence X” with all the design document and papers I’ve done for university.

I don’t know who was responsible for this, but do we have any backup of this? I would like to put back my website and give my game to the open source community (and continue to help pand3d user).

If nobody has a backup, I will try to find this on an old backup drive I have somewhere (or not!)

Thanks! :slight_smile:
DarkJaff

Hi,

I am sorry that I didn*t have time the past few years… My life is “a little bit” upside down for a while now. In addition my hosting provider can not be reached any more. So my hardware seems to be also lost. No contact by mail, phone or whatever. (good thing: They were also not asking for the fees for last year… sooo…)

But to the topic itself: I do still have a backup of the p3dp machine. Its residing on my local server but can not be brought back because, well, I don’t have a big network connection here with multiple IPv4 addresses.

I will fire up the VM on the weekend if you don’t mind. lets see if I can set up a way to let p3dp use one of the IPv6-addresses I got bundled… however, if your changes are from before june 2013, there is a good chance your files are still there. “rdb” pointed me to this thread here. I will keep you two - and all other p3dp users - posted… (here).

Please give me some time…

Regards, Bigfoot29

bigfoot - does that mean you are now looking for somewhere to host the old files?

Hi Bigfoot!

Sorry I didn’t follow this thread very carefully, me too I have a lot of changes in my life right now. Did you have the time to check on the VM? My latest changes are back in 2010 I think so if the backup are anywhere after that, I will be happy!

Let me know what you find.
Thank you !