PyWeek #18

This years PyWeek is going to take place from May 11 to May 18. So everybody stock up your supply of coffee, energy drinks, favorite snacks, say goodbye to your friends, family and social life for a week and let’s show all those PyGamers how a real games are made in the Century of the Fruitbat!
pyweek.org/

Count me in once more! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reminder - I keep missing these!

One of the suggested themes:

Bovidae

Goat simulator clones ahoy :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m already in. It’s the first time I’m participating in any game development competition. Let’s show the worth of Panda3D to the world!

The challenge started, the theme is “8-bit”. Good luck everyone!

First time entering a game dev competition. Good luck to everyone who is using panda3d

So, PyWeek is over.
The 8-bit theme was not very Panda friendly, but I for one am happy with what I’ve done.

If anyone wants to give my game a go it’s here:
pyweek.org/e/wez/
In the source code pack you can also find 3 hi(ish)-poly animated characters (male, female, monster) each with idle, walk, hit, die and attack anims (cc-by-sa, but I can drop the ‘sa’ if someone asks and throw in normal/gloss textures) and also an interesting retro-post-process shader.
Codewise it’s a ready Beat’em-Up, just replace the graphics and the start-up-read-write-config utility could also be of use to someone. The functions in ‘ez2d’ can help with DirectGUI.

That was a creative take on the 8bit theme - really liked it :smiley:

Heres my entry:
pyweek.org/e/procras-2014-1/

I enjoyed that jam more then others - it was a bit more relaxing having it spread over a week.

Source code I have isn’t that fasinating - I might strip out a lot of it and have a base library / documentation to work from for future game jams. Make it easier to start :slight_smile:

My take was more towards a traditional 2d-ish game. Didn’t finish it - but I’m tossing up whether to improve it rather then working on my current project.