Git Migration Announcement [Nov 28]

Hi all,

On Friday 28 November 2014 we will commence migration from CVS to Git. We will host the repository on GitHub. It will be opened up on Saturday 29 November.

I advise everyone to stop relying on the CVS server before that point. It will become read-only, and afterward, we will delete all files on CVS.

Please contact me as soon as possible if you have committed to Panda3D CVS in the past and haven’t gotten an e-mail from me yet. We will want to know your details so that we can properly associate your past commits.

All existing mirrors on GitHub will become invalid as soon as we migrate. If you have forked an existing mirror of Panda3D (including astron-panda3d), please contact me. There are ways we can rewrite the history against the new migration. Failure to do so will make your fork very difficult to merge in the future.

If you have any questions or if the schedule is inconvenient for you, please contact me immediately.

PS. This thread is not to discuss the decision of Git vs Hg. The decision is final.

applauses the hard tedious work needed to make this happen

It’s done! Panda3D is on Git!
github.com/panda3d/panda3d

Please let me know immediately if you see anything that could be wrong.

The new repo was force-pushed over the old one. All existing forks on GitHub should be either deleted or should be manually fixed up. Please contact me if you have a fork of a pre-migration repository on GitHub.