why doesnt the github have an issues page

Could be useful for reporting bugs

I believe bugs are still managed on the launchpad page: bugs.launchpad.net/panda3d

Because the GitHub issue tracker is inadequate. We can’t import our existing issues from Launchpad into it, and it doesn’t even support attachments.

To avoid the community being fragmented, I’ve been looking into bug trackers we might host on panda3d.org. Flyspray looks promising so far, but the issue has low priority for me.

Definitely it’s good but depending your work, if you don’t mind. Why did you asking this?

While you cant import them you can create them using api. So only thing which is lost is issue creation date. Its close to importing honestly.

Also it supports PNG, GIF, JPG, DOCX, PPTX, XLSX, TXT, PDF, or ZIP attachments - all yoi need to do is drag file into a text area of issue text.

Github issue tracker is really fine. I think it would be beneficial to have issues and code in one place. Maybe its worth giving it another thought?

P.S. good to see flyspray picked up development. its fine tracker, sad it was abandoned for a period in the past.

Also the comment date, and the person who posted the issue or comment. We’ve run a test import in the past and it looks like a gigantic mess.