Questions about Panda3D and terrain and materials

Hello

it is good to use Panda3d in these days for commercial product? The new renderer in screenshots looks very good, but I am not interest in this renderer, I want support older graphics. I know Pirates of Caribiean created with Panda3D, but what others?

1. Can Panda3d create holes in terrain? Underground will be modeled in Blender.

2. how many textures can be used in one object? 20 or more texture is possible?

Panda3D is as good for commercial products as it ever was, maybe even more since Panda3D is now better then before in general :mrgreen:
It still supports the old, fixed-function pipeline as it always has, so no problem for older computers (but I’m not sure if the newest, unstable, development builds support windows xp)

1. Can Panda3d create holes in terrain?
    Yes, sort of… if you make a terrain with holes Panda3D can render it. It may be complex but it might be trivial, depends on the kind of holes and terrain you have in mind.

2. how many textures can be used in one object? 20 or more texture is possible?
    I don’t think Panda3D has a limit, but the hardware has. It can be anything from 8 to 32 (or 2048 if we count layered textures), but on older hardware you should expect a maximum of 8.

Thanks

I don’t know how many kind of terrain Panda3D have, but holes will be simple, delete some polygons which will be covered by models as entrance to underground. Underground will be modeled by artist in 3d modeling program.
I don’t know what technique is used for this (in Panda3D) and how many they are. I only know two, one where some terrain chunk is deleted and covered with model as entrance to underground. Two is voxel terrain.