Building 1.10 under Ubuntu: "libp3pystub.a"

I’m currently attempting to build Panda 1.10. I’ve thus far built the SDK and runtime; both appear to have built and installed successfully, although neither has had a proper test, I believe. The problem is in the “rtdist” build.

Specifically, it’s failing with the following error message:

g++: error: built_thaumaturge/lib/libp3pystub.a: No such file or directory
Process exited with exit status 0 and signal code 1
Storing dependency cache.
Elapsed Time: 1 sec
The following command returned a non-zero value: g++ -o built_thaumaturge/bin/interrogate -Lbuilt_thaumaturge/lib -Lbuilt_thaumaturge/tmp built_thaumaturge/tmp/interrogate_composite1.o built_thaumaturge/tmp/interrogate_composite2.o built_thaumaturge/tmp/libp3cppParser.a built_thaumaturge/lib/libp3dtool.so built_thaumaturge/lib/libp3dtoolconfig.so built_thaumaturge/lib/libp3interrogatedb.so built_thaumaturge/lib/libp3pystub.a -pthread -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lssl -lcrypto -ldl
Build terminated.

And indeed, while the directory exists and contains a handful of files, it doesn’t seem to have that file. Searching the computer, I’ve found that the file does seem to exist, at “/proc//cwd/built/lib” (I think that the “” bit varies).

Am I missing a dependency? Or have I perhaps done something wrong in my build? :confused:

My thanks for any help given!

We haven’t tried to build the rtdist in a while. It’s likely to be dropped in 1.10 and replaced with the new deploy-ng system.

Ah, I see–fair enough!

Hmm… In that case, between this issue and the “blood red level” issue (which, while stylish, isn’t what I’m going for :stuck_out_tongue:), perhaps it’s worth my looking at returning to Panda3D 1.9, and attempting another approach to the vertex-colour issue…