Compile Source Code on Windows 7 W VS2010

Ok, I have Windows 7 Ultimate(64bit) I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional(Full Registered). I downloaded the source code from the CVS and followed the directions on the site about removing NDEBUG and setting the properties. When attempting to compile under C++. The following is the output of this attempt.

1>------ Build started: Project: makepanda, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Build started 12/29/2011 7:10:35 PM.
1>Build:
1>
1> DirectX SDK:
1> Looking for the latest DirectX SDK
1> Using DirectX SDK June 2010
1> Looking for the Dx8 SDK in the registry uninstaller keys
1> Couldn’t find a DirectX 8 SDK
1>
1>
1>
1> Windows Platform SDK:
1> Searching for the latest version
1> Windows 7.1 SDK detected. Enabling special features (multi-touch).
1> Storing dependency cache.
1> Elapsed Time: 0 sec
1> Could not find Visual Studio install directory
1> Build terminated.
1>
1>Build succeeded.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:00.91
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Looking for a fix for the “Could not find Visual Studio install directory”. I’ve checked the registry and have the following entries

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Visual Studio -> SxS -> VS7 -> "10.0 REG_SZ C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Visual Studio -> SxS -> VC7 -> "Shows only frameworkDir32 and frameworkDir64 with Version 4.0.30319

Any ideas or assistance would be greately appreciated, thanks

Right now Visual Studio refers to Visual Studio 2008. You’ll have to hack in makepanda.py/makepandacore.py to add in the search paths for Visual Studio 2010. But the biggest problem is that a lot of third party libraries are built with VS2008 and oyu’ll have to recompile them in VS2010 first.

Ok, where can I get the Source files for the thirdparty stuff?

As far as I know you’ll have to go their respective homepages and rebuild them one by one.

It’s easiest to just grab VC++ 2008 and build using that.

I have started the tedious task of downloading the source code for the thirdparty libraries and man there are a lot of them. I’m doing this primarily because i’m not too keen on ‘dumbing’ down my VS2010 or my other system files and going backwards to compile and run a program and besides it has to be done at some point. Any advice on where to get these files, for example JOD. Possibly which files to download and which ones aren’t needed. Possibly if someone has these files already then I would love to get ahold of them :slight_smile: thanks

For the record, my coworker reports that he has successfully compiled using VS 2010 without changing any of the thirdparty libraries, and the resulting Panda build runs successfully.

I’m not 100% sure I believe this, but that’s the report. In fact, it’s only the C++ thirdparty libraries that are potential problems (the C++ ABI changes with each compiler but the C ABI doesn’t change), and there aren’t that many of those, so maybe it’s true.

So, you might do OK just to edit makepandacore.py and put in the appropriate registry keys. Or simply set the environment variable VCINSTALLDIR to the full path of your MSVC installation directory (makepanda will consult this variable if it can’t find MSVC in the registry).

David

Ok, so i’ve made some headway small hack and now we know where the VS2010 install dir is :slight_smile:. getting the following

1>Build started 1/1/2012 10:54:50 AM.
1>Build:
1>
1> DirectX SDK:
1>
1>
1> sys.platform = win32
1> Checking hack for Visual Studio 2010 install directory
1> c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\ - Located in registry.
1> vcdir set to: c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0
1>
1> Windows Platform SDK:
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package eigen, excluding from build
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package awesomium, excluding from build
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package ffmpeg, excluding from build
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package swscale, excluding from build
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package fltk, excluding from build
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package bullet, excluding from build
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package bullet, excluding from build
1> Generating library cache…
1> 1094 File(s) copied
1> 2399 File(s) copied
1> 40 File(s) copied
1> 147 File(s) copied
1> Generating dependencies…
1> —>Number of (possible) tasks left 499
1> (These tasks maybe done already)
1> [ 0%] Building resource object built/tmp/pandaIcon.res
1> Microsoft ® Windows ® Resource Compiler Version 6.1.7600.16385
1>
1> Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>
1>
1> [ 0%] Building C++ object built/tmp/p3dtoolbase_composite1.obj
1> p3dtoolbase_composite1.cxx
1> [ 0%] Building C++ object built/tmp/p3dtoolbase_composite2.obj
1> p3dtoolbase_composite2.cxx
1> [ 0%] Building C object built/tmp/p3dtoolbase_lookup3.obj
1> lookup3.c
1> [ 0%] Building C++ object built/tmp/p3dtoolbase_indent.obj
1> indent.cxx
1> [ 1%] Building C++ object built/tmp/p3dtoolutil_composite1.obj
1> p3dtoolutil_composite1.cxx
1> [ 1%] Building C++ object built/tmp/p3dtoolutil_composite2.obj
1> p3dtoolutil_composite2.cxx
1> [ 1%] Building C++ object built/tmp/p3dtool_dtool.obj
1> dtool.cxx
1> [ 1%] Linking dynamic library built/bin/libp3dtool.dll
1> Creating library built/lib/libp3dtool.lib and object built/lib/libp3dtool.exp
1> Elapsed Time: 2 min 11 sec
1> Cannot read built/bin/libp3dtool.dll.manifest
1> Build terminated.
1>
1>Build succeeded.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:02:11.59

libp3dtool.dll.manifest ??? any ideas whats missing

Ok so for those of you wanting to compile on Visual Studio 2010 and i’m using Windows 7 (64 bit). Not sure which one caused the problem either it is a security issue or it was WinSDK 7.1. I fixed the Security issues and permissions and used WinSDK 7.0 and got a little further here is the output

1>Build started 1/3/2012 1:09:37 AM.
1>Build:
1>
1> DirectX SDK:
1>
1>
1> sys.platform = win32
1> Visual Studio Install Directory is
1> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0
1> vcdir set to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0
1>
1> Windows Platform SDK:
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package eigen, excluding from build
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package awesomium, excluding from build
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package ffmpeg, excluding from build
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package swscale, excluding from build
1>EXEC : warning : Could not locate thirdparty package fltk, excluding from build
1> Generating library cache…
1> 1094 File(s) copied
1> 2399 File(s) copied
1> 40 File(s) copied
1> 147 File(s) copied
1> Generating dependencies…
1> —>Number of (possible) tasks left 499
1> (These tasks maybe done already)
1> [ 0%] Building resource object built/tmp/pandaIcon.res
1> Microsoft ® Windows ® Resource Compiler Version 6.1.7600.16385
1>
1> Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>
1>
1> [ 0%] Building C++ object built/tmp/p3dtoolbase_composite1.obj
1> p3dtoolbase_composite1.cxx
1>dtool/src/dtoolbase/p3dtoolbase_composite1.cxx : fatal error C1033: cannot open program database ‘’
1> Elapsed Time: 2 min 30 sec
1> The following command returned a non-zero value: cl /wd4996 /wd4275 /wd4267 /wd4101 /wd4273 /Fobuilt/tmp/p3dtoolbase_composite1.obj /nologo /c /arch:SSE2 /Idtool/src/dtoolbase /Ibuilt/tmp /Ibuilt/include /Ithirdparty/win-python/include /DMAKEPANDA= /MD /Zi /O2 /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /fp:fast /DFORCE_INLINING /Fdbuilt/tmp/p3dtoolbase_composite1.pdb /DBUILDING_DTOOL /EHa /Zm300 /DWIN32_VC /DWIN32 /W3 dtool/src/dtoolbase/p3dtoolbase_composite1.cxx
1> Build terminated.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command “cd … & makepanda\makepanda --everything --optimize 3 --installer” exited with code -1.
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:02:30.97
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Build still failed but I believe it to be a Security / permission issue

[Edit]
Please note the error with qedit.h is a compatibility issue with the Windows SDK. this file is not included in the new releases of the SDK. I downloaded the file separately and it compliled perfectly until I got to 35%. not sure if this has anything to do with the next error or not.

Ok as you’ll be able to see I made it to 35% but then I get hit with the error bomb. Any direction at this point would be helpful. is it possible that this is a compatibility issue?

=====================================================
1> [ 35%] Building C++ object built/tmp/p3vision_composite1.obj
1> p3vision_composite1.cxx
1>c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\atlcomcli.h(332): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘)’ before ‘&&’
1> c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\atlcomcli.h(350) : see reference to class template instantiation ‘ATL::CComPtr’ being compiled
1>c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\atlcomcli.h(332): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘;’ before ‘&&’
1>c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\atlcomcli.h(332): error C2652: ‘ATL::CComPtr’ : illegal copy constructor: first parameter must not be a ‘ATL::CComPtr’
1>c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\atlcomcli.h(332): error C2059: syntax error : ‘)’
1>c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\atlcomcli.h(332): error C2334: unexpected token(s) preceding ‘:’; skipping apparent function body

Try makepanda without directcam and vision first. Those are generally problematic with newer DirectX and Win Sdks.

try

makepanda --everything --no-vision --no-directcam

You can also try threaded build to reduce your build times

makepanda --everything -no-vision -no-directcam --threads=4

Zhao

Yeah, I tried those switches twice and each time it shut my computer down completely.

makepanda --everything --no-vision --no-directcam

Caused your computer to shutdown?

I can see how --threads could cause your computer to shutdown if you don’t have enough memory/resources, but it is extremely suprising that --no-vision --no-directcam would cause your computer to crash.

It’s the threads part that does it about 30% mark. I removed the threads part and and I made it to 49% before it started complaining about ddraw.lib not being there… I know that song. no longer supported in DX SDK after 9.0. ok so definately some compatibility issues

[Edit]
Current progress for compiling with VS2010 is 100%

1> [100%] Building installer
1> Building Panda3D installer. This can take up to an hour.
1> Note: you are using zlib, which is faster, but lzma gives better compression.
1>EXEC : warning : File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\built\bin*.pyd” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:93)
1>EXEC : warning : File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\built\plugins*.dle” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:143)
1>EXEC : warning : File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\built\plugins*.dlo” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:144)
1>EXEC : warning : File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\built\plugins*.mll” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:145)
1>EXEC : warning : File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\built\bin*.p3d” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:153)
1>EXEC : warning : File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\samples*” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:171)
1>
1> 6 warnings:
1> File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\built\bin*.pyd” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:93)
1> File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\built\plugins*.dle” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:143)
1> File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\built\plugins*.dlo” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:144)
1> File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\built\plugins*.mll” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:145)
1> File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\built\bin*.p3d” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:153)
1> File: “C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\samples*” -> no files found. (C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\makepanda\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi:171)
1> Build successfully finished, elapsed time: 19 min 26 sec
1>
1>Build succeeded.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:19:27.04

Hope those warnings aren’t going to hurt anything

Ah, congrats on getting it built! If you have time, can you write a more detailed list of what changes you made? e.g, when you refer to ‘removing NDEBUG and setting the properties’, what message post are you refering to?

Yeah, I will put a detailed list of changes as well. I’ve tried to run a test window within C++ to test it out but have a problems. Any ideas what i’m missing

‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Users\William\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Panda123\Release\Panda123.exe’, Binary was not built with debug information.
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda3D-1.8.0\bin\libp3framework.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda3D-1.8.0\bin\libpanda.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda3D-1.8.0\bin\libpandaexpress.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda3D-1.8.0\bin\libp3dtool.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\msvcr90.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\python26.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\msvcp90.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda3D-1.8.0\bin\libp3dtoolconfig.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wsock32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda3D-1.8.0\bin\cg.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\apphelp.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\userenv.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\profapi.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winspool.drv’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mpr.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcGenral.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\samcli.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msacm32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sfc.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sfc_os.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\urlmon.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iertutil.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wininet.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\normaliz.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcXtrnal.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
FTH: (7680): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘ImageAtBase0x290000’, Loading disabled by Include/Exclude setting.
‘Panda123.exe’: Unloaded ‘ImageAtBase0x290000’
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shunimpl.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SortWindows6Compat.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘\?\c:\Program Files (x86)\Charter Security Suite\HIPS\fshook32.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
‘Panda123.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file
First-chance exception at 0x770522c2 in Panda123.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000038.
Unhandled exception at 0x770522c2 in Panda123.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000038.
The program ‘[7680] Panda123.exe: Native’ has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005).

Looks like a lot of files are missing

The pdb are debug information. You might be having more permission problems?

kirupa.com/forum/showthread. … -practise..

I’m attempting this exact same operation, and I’m stuck on the ‘Cannot read built/bin/libp3dtool.dll.manifest’ issue.

Can you elaborate on your fix? Thanks!

I’m pretty much stuck on the same point “Cannot read built/bin/libp3dtool.dll.manifest”

I tried compiling it with ‘–nothing’ and ‘–everything’, as well as directly from the visual studio solution, doesn’t work.

Any leads?

I figured out as much as that NDEBUG is creating problems somehow and that I need to either enable or disable it. Some people did that successfully, but I don’t seem to find the correct place though :blush:

Would I do that in makepanda.py or do I have to do that somewhere in the project file?

Sorry for the nagging, but I’d be really happy to stay with VS2010 and not having to go back to VS2008 :laughing: