Trouble compiling from CVS on Debian Sid

Hi all,

I’m having trouble compiling using the latest CVS. I’m using ppremake on amd64. The trouble happens in the panda compile, here:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/panda3d-src-20120108-1450/panda3d/panda/src/glxdisplay'
g++ -ftemplate-depth-30  -c -o Opt3-Linux/p3glxdisplay_config_glxdisplay.o -I. -I/home/steve/panda3d-src-20120108-1450/panda3d/panda -I../cull -I../display -I../downloader -I../event -I../express -I../glgsg -I../glstuff -I../gobj -I../gsgbase -I../linmath -I../mathutil -I../nativenet -I../net -I../pandabase -I../pgraph -I../pgraphnodes -I../pipeline -I../pnmimage -I../pstatclient -I../putil -I/usr/local/panda/20120108-1450/include -I/usr/include/python2.6 -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/python2.6 -I/usr/include    -g -O2 -fPIC config_glxdisplay.cxx
In file included from glxGraphicsBuffer.h:20:0,
                 from config_glxdisplay.cxx:16:
glxGraphicsPipe.h:24:29: fatal error: x11GraphicsPipe.h: No such file or directory

I expect the trouble is because there’s no “-I…/x11display” in there. I’m not sure how to fix that though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Steve

I think it failed to do this because it didn’t detect x11-dev on your system. Really, it shouldn’t have attempted to build glxdisplay in this case either, and I’ve just committed a fix for that mistake.

Any particular reason you’re using ppremake instead of makepanda?

David

Thanks David for your quick response, that cured that particular issue. Sorry for my slow response, my day job gets busy. :-/

I had tried to build 1.7.2 with makepanda and failed, and figured ppremake was a fair alternative, and while I was thinking about making things difficult, why not throw CVS into the mix? :slight_smile:

My ppremake build’s now breaking in ./direct…

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/panda3d-src-20120110-2022/panda3d/direct/src/heapq'
g++ -ftemplate-depth-30  -c -o Opt3-Linux/p3heapq_heapq.o -I. -I/home/steve/panda3d-src-20120110-2022/panda3d/direct -I/usr/local/panda/20120110-2022/include -I/usr/local/panda/20120110-2022/include -I/usr/include/python2.6    -g -O2 -fPIC heapq.cxx
In file included from directbase.cxx:15:0:
directbase.h:22:23: fatal error: pandabase.h: No such file or directory

…so I’ll give makepanda a try.

Steve

Hi David,

Unfortunately I didn’t have any luck with makepanda and CVS…

[T1] Building C++ object built/tmp/p3vision_composite1.o
In file included from panda/src/vision/config_vision.cxx:16:0,
                 from panda/src/vision/p3vision_composite1.cxx:2:
panda/src/vision/openCVTexture.h:23:20: fatal error: cxcore.h: No such file or directory

(I’ve posted the whole build output at pastebin.com/KdnkRKwa just in case you need it.)

Any tips would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Steve

You don’t have the cxcore headers installed, which are part of OpenCV. Or build without OpenCV support.

As to your ppremake build, perhaps you didn’t “make install” in panda yet? You have to make install in each of dtool, panda, direct, pandatool before you move on to the next one.

David

Hmm, I have these installed:

/usr/include/opencv2/core/core_c.h
/usr/include/opencv2/core/operations.hpp
/usr/include/opencv2/core/version.hpp
/usr/include/opencv2/core/mat.hpp
/usr/include/opencv2/core/eigen.hpp
/usr/include/opencv2/core/types_c.h
/usr/include/opencv2/core/core.hpp
/usr/include/opencv2/core/wimage.hpp
/usr/include/opencv2/core/internal.hpp

Should those be sufficient?

I disabled opencv and it finished the build successfully. Thanks.

Steve

Good question, wish I could answer it. :slight_smile: makepanda did the trick so I abandoned the ppremake build. Thanks for all your help! Looking forward to getting going on panda.

Steve