Panda3D and libRocket issues

Greetings ! At long last I’m back !

Just a quick thing : this line right there :

https://github.com/panda3d/panda3d/blob/master/panda/src/rocket/config_rocket.cxx#L67

It won’t compile, not if you installed Rocket 1.2.1 from the package they provide.

The problem is that, right now, they appear to have removed the LoadFontFace that could load a font from memory without having to specify a font family, style and weight…

This removal is probably an accident, considering the function is present in the stable branch of librocket… however, it is missing in the tarball they provide for the 1.2.1 version (which is, if I’m not mistaken, the stable version).

So, for the people who will have this issue: don’t download librocket’s tarball. Instead, clone the repository, checkout the ‘stable’ branch, and compile from there.

Hi, great to see you again! :slight_smile:

1.2.1 is actually an old version, which didn’t have this function yet. There have just not been official releases since then (I think the project was abandoned by the original release maintainer, before being taken over by the community). It’s best to grab the version from GitHub instead.