Error compiling FreeBSD 6.2

Hmm, let me see. Several different things going on here.

Note that this is just a warning. In fact, we get it too on OSX, but we never really noticed it amid all the other build noise. It’s true it’s easy to fix by adding -lnet (and the right way to do this is to add it to the Sources.pp file), so I’ll do that now–but as it turns out, this particular warning is ignorable anyway. (Sometimes, messages like this are actually errors, not warnings, and you have to fix them in order to build. That doesn’t appear to be the case in this particular situation.)

Hmm, this must be the directories that it is attempting to install the .py files into. Is that right? I’m surprised it doesn’t make them automatically during the build, it is supposed to do that. I’ll look into that.

This is strange because this is exactly the set of libraries we added to the Sources.pp (and hence the Makefiles) in the cvs version months ago. They’re still there in my build. Are you sure you checked out the latest Pandatool from cvs?

Sounds like your PYTHONPATH variable is not set up properly. You need to have /usr/local/panda/lib on your PYTHONPATH, so Python understands what you mean by “import direct”.

Yikes! This sounds like trouble. I can’t imagine what’s going on here, but one thing you might try might be to put:

#define ALTERNATIVE_MALLOC 1

in your Config.pp file and rebuild everything.

Hmm, seems you are explicitly requesting multisamples in your Config.prc file for some reason, and your graphics card can’t provide them. This is not surprising; this a fairly advanced framebuffer feature, and lots of graphics cards can’t do multisampling. You must have a line like this in your Config.prc file:

framebuffer-multisamples 1

or maybe you have a line like this:

framebuffer-mode rgb double-buffer multisample

If the former, comment out or delete the line; if the latter, remove the “multisample” keyword.

David