Building Panda 1.5.2 source on OSX 10.5.4

I’ve tried to follow the generous help around but have hit one or two glitches. One is with running genPyCode - I get:

Importing code library: libpandaexpress
  Found extensions for class: Ramfile
  Found extensions for class: StreamReader
  Found extensions for class: HTTPChannel
Importing code library: libpanda
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/panda/bin/genPyCode.py", line 20, in <module>
    DoGenPyCode.run()
  File "/usr/local/panda/lib/direct/ffi/DoGenPyCode.py", line 298, in run
    generateNativeWrappers()
  File "/usr/local/panda/lib/direct/ffi/DoGenPyCode.py", line 259, in generateNativeWrappers
    exec('import %s as module' % moduleName)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: dlopen(/usr/local/panda/lib/libpanda.so, 2): Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
  Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib

I can’t build pandaapp at the moment, and am currently stuck on how to get FMOD support to build, but think genPyCode is the most serious problem.

Thanks for any assistance!

Looks like a conflict in your libjpeg. You must have multiple versions of libjpeg installed on your computer, and you’re building with one of them but running with the other one.

David

The instructions said get the Macports version, but Apple also provide one. I’m failing to understand how the build and run paths work. Perhaps I’ll try removing the Macports jpeg and tiff.

ppremake seems to work out what sub-systems there are from the LD_LIBRARY_PATH path and the like set in the shell environment. But make relies on Config.pp in some fashion?