Build 1.7.0 on Linux

Hi, what I exactly need to build Panda3D 1.7.0 from sources on Linux?

In the source code package the “third party” directory is missed, so where can I find it?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

You don’t need the thirdparty directory, just install the required development packages on your system.

Ok but, again, where can I find a list of all required dev packages (if it exists)?

Makepanda will warn you about missing packages.

Ok, thanks.

Sorry if I repeat my question here, but…Any plans to add a Linux/32bit build to “snapshot builds” page? :slight_smile:

EDIT: a small list of required packages on Ubuntu (9.10).

artoolkit ->
fcollada -> libfcollada-dev
ffmpeg -> libavutil-dev
swscale -> libswscale-dev
fftw -> fftw-dev
fmodex -> libfmodex-dev
opengl -> libgl1-mesa-dev
ode -> libode-dev
openal -> libopenal-dev
opencv -> libcv-dev
squish -> libsquish-dev
tiff -> libtiff4-dev
vrpn -> libvrpn-dev
jpeg -> libjpeg62-dev
tinyxml -> libtinyxml-dev
xf86dga -> x11proto-xf86dga-dev (not sure…)

Here’s a list I used for the 1.7.0 release (note that this excludes artoolkit):
build-essential, python-dev, bison, libgtk2.0-dev, libgl1-mesa-dev, libglu1-mesa-dev, libxft-dev, libosmesa6-dev, flex, libssl-dev, libpng12-dev, libtiff4-dev, libx11-dev, libxxf86dga-dev, libxrandr-dev, libvrpn-dev, libquat-dev, libavcodec-dev, libavutil-dev, libavformat-dev, libswscale-dev, libtinyxml-dev, libsquish-dev, libfmodex-dev, libfcollada-dev, libopenal-dev, nvidia-cg-toolkit, fftw-dev, libcv-dev, libhighgui-dev, libcvaux-dev

Some of the packages here are not in the default ubuntu repo’s but in the panda3d PPA.

ARToolKit can be found in the artoolkit-dev PPA, I think.

Also, the ODE from the ubuntu repo’s is broken, you’ll need to install the one from the ogre-dev PPA. (Ironic, isn’t it?)

Many thanks!

Yes, it is… :wink: