Panda3D Manual: Downloading a file

I don’t exactly know where this would belong, so I just decided to put it here.

Okay, so I’m a bit confused. Does this code ( panda3d.org/manual/index.php … ing_a_File )
install just one file, or the entire directory of ‘my.url’?? (I’m interested in transmitting files, I learned a bit about sockets then I found this :stuck_out_tongue:, guess I should read the manual :stuck_out_tongue:)

That would transmit the homepage of that site, which would probably be something like index.html or index.php as processed by the web server.

You can simply use something like “http://www.something.com/something/something.txt” if you want to download a specific file hosted by the server.

So I’ve been messing around with it, and I came across a few things…

1. It didn’t download a file
    My solution: Make it write the data into a .txt
    (Working solution)
  2. The stuff in the .txt didn’t say anything
    My solution: Add globals
    (1/2 solution working)
  3. It “downloaded” AFTER the .txt was written
    My solution: Add sequences

So I got windows error code 0 from the downloader, and I decided to ask for help…
Is there any way to simply DOWNLOAD a file instead of just reading data? (Note: I’m probably just ignorant and they
put it somewhere else in the manual)

“Downloading” the file means reading the data over the HTTP connection, and then writing it out into a .txt file (or whatever extension). The example shows the former. You can use Python’s file mechanism (ie. open()) to do the latter.