Issues with texture stages in 1.10

Hi,

Yes the performance is way better (+50%!) but not everything is working yet. After trying the find the problematic areas I did solve a lot of issues but I still have some:

• It seems that the texture stage with the normal map may not be the bottom layer (lowest sort order). If I do that, some objects appear black and some objects show the normal map as a diffuse. Now I made sure my normal map layers are the top layers (highest sort order) almost all blending problems are fixed.
  • A remaining issue is that I can’t seem to get any lighting effects on objects in my airport scene, my other scene, the globe view scene has less problems with that. If I try to reproduce the issue in a small test program, I can’t reproduce it. It probably has something to do with my set up of lights or something.
  • There is an issue with the shadow caster together with my set up as well, possibly related to the lighting problem. My game starts in the globe scene which uses no light with a shadow caster, in the airport scene a light is set with the panda shadow caster. Although I don’t see lighting effects (issue above) nothing obvious happens. When I switch back to my globe view 1.10 freezes. If I comment spotlight.setShadowCaster(shadows_on, shadow_res, shadow_res), this freeze doesn’t occur. Again, if I make a small test program which toggles a light with shadow caster with scene.setLight(spot) and scene.clearLight(spot) like in my set up, all works as expected in 1.9 and 1.10.
  • Additionally, not a single node has specular in my airport scene, in my globe scene the specular seems to be working normal.

“old-alpha-blend true” has no effect at the moment, commenting render.setShaderAuto() in 1.9 makes a couple of blended textures are black or white and the lights don’t work as well.

For now I’ll play around some more to find out what settings/functions affect the issues. Any suggestions about where to look are helpfull but I guess you’d have to know a bit more about my set up. I will let you know if I find something.