Drawing lines with LineSeg

Hi, I’m very new to Panda3D and I’ve decided to try to use it to create a dungeon crawler type of game. I’m having an issue trying to create lines in the scene. I’ve went through quite a few posts on here to see if this answer was completely answered but I haven’t found one that suits what I am asking. I also checked the documentation but I couldn’t find any examples of LineSegs being used nor what to include for LineSegs to work.

I would like to create a grid that lays over the floor plane (it will be a flat plane so I wouldn’t need to worry about angles) but basically have almost no idea where to start. All I currently have is the initialization of Panda3D and a snippet of code that I found that should work, however, I don’t know what to import for LineSegs to work.

from direct.showbase.ShowBase import ShowBase

class MyApp(ShowBase):

def __init__(self):
        ShowBase.__init__(self);

self.segs = LineSegs("lines");
        self.segs.setColor(1, 1 ,1 ,1);
        self.segs.drawTo(-1, 3, 0);
        self.segs.drawTo(1, 2, 1);
        self.segsnode = self.segs.create(False);
        render.attachNewNode(self.segsnode);

app = MyApp();
app.run();

I know this is literally the starting point of my whole project but I wanted to overcome this hurdle before tackling the easier ones. Any help is really appreciated and thank you in advance.

-Insomnimatic

Update: I included new imports to the code and the line segments are working now. I feel like a fool sorry for wasted time!

from direct.showbase.ShowBase import ShowBase
from pandac.PandaModules import *
from direct.interval.IntervalGlobal import *

class MyApp(ShowBase):

def __init__(self):
        ShowBase.__init__(self);

self.segs = LineSegs("lines");
        self.segs.setColor(1, 1 ,1 ,1);
        self.segs.drawTo(-1, 3, 0);
        self.segs.drawTo(1, 2, 1);
        self.segsnode = self.segs.create(False);
        render.attachNewNode(self.segsnode);

app = MyApp();
app.run();

Unless you’re using a very old version, you should be using. ‘from panda3d.core import *’ not the pandac.
If you don’t like star imports you can import the modules by name (but I fail to see how this would make things better ).