problem with the Panda3d Manua Introductory Tutorial

First off I am loving this program…I am having a bit of trouble though

I am working through the introductory tutorials. I finished the first two:

• Hello World
  • Load Grassy Scennery

There was no problem.

But when I got to Controlling camer, I had a few problems. As before the window opened and the screen began to move (I assume 6 degrees, as in that was what was in the program). but after that it stopped and did not finish rotating.
Also for the following progams, there was no animation. or movements. I think it was stuck.

I got the following error message:
C:\WINDOWS\Panda3D-1.0.5>ppython test.py
DirectStart: Starting the game.
Warning: DirectNotify: category ‘Interval’ already exists
Known pipe types:
wglGraphicsPipe
(3 aux display modules not yet loaded.)
:express(warning): Adjusting global clock’s real time by -2.01923 seconds.
:display:gsg:glgsg(error): at 4475 of c:\temp\mkpr\panda3d-1.0.5\panda\src\glstu
ff\glGraphicsStateGuardian_src.cxx: invalid operation
:display:gsg:glgsg(error): at 4475 of c:\temp\mkpr\panda3d-1.0.5\panda\src\glstu
ff\glGraphicsStateGuardian_src.cxx: invalid operation

**(:display:gsg:glgsg(error): at 4475 of c:\temp\mkpr\panda3d-1.0.5\panda\src\glstu
ff\glGraphicsStateGuardian_src.cxx: invalid operation)

This particular error message repeats several times before the programs waits for me to the close the window…

Could someone help me with this particualr situaltion???

Something in the application has requested a graphics operation that your graphics card doesn’t like. I don’t know what it is; it may take some research to figure it out. What kind of graphics card do you have, and what version is your driver? You might need to to upgrade to the latest version of your driver.

Another option, that doesn’t involve upgrading drivers, is to try rendering with DirectX. Edit your Config.prc file and change the line:

load-display pandagl

to:

load-display pandadx9

You can also try pandadx8 and pandadx7.

David

I have a Mobility Radeon 7500…

I tryed changing the config.prc …I got the same result:( but thanks for the info…I will try using the older verson…

If you got exactly the same result–e.g. an error message in glGraphicsStateGuardian.cxx–then you must have modified the wrong Config.prc, since if you had set to use DirectX mode, it wouldn’t have been running any code in glGraphicsStateGuardian.cxx. Look around for a different Config.prc file. There might be an application-specific Config.prc; look for that one also.

David

YOU ARE AWSOME,

I updated my directx to 9.0 and I changed the config to DX8…
It works now…thanks you are da man

Thanks Lee