[FIXED] There is no 11.04/Natty repo

I previously installed panda3d on Ubuntu Maverick using the following source:

deb http://archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu maverick main

but there is no equivalent Ubuntu Natty source, can you please add it?

(Workaround: installed from the Maverick source.)

Natty wasn’t out yet at the time that 1.7.2 was released. So it’s to be expected that there are no natty packages yet.

Does that mean there won’t be a Natty package until the next release of Panda3D? What is the typical release cycle in relation to Ubuntu releases? And how do Panda3D releases work in general?

The releases aren’t timed, but you can expect one within a couple of months. I might make a Natty build before then, though.

Add me to the list of people waiting on a natty repo :laughing:

All right, the buildbot now builds daily builds for Ubuntu Natty.
Can anyone try it out?
panda3d.org/download.php?pl … =devel&sdk

Results for installing 1.8 natty…

The package is of bad quality

Lintian check results for ~/downloads/panda3d1.8_1.8.0+cvs20110606~natty4_i386.deb:
E: panda3d1.8: control-file-has-bad-permissions conffiles 0755 != 0644

E: panda3d1.8: control-file-has-bad-permissions md5sums 0755 != 0644

E: panda3d1.8: control-file-has-bad-permissions symbols 0755 != 0644

E: panda3d1.8: maintainer-name-missing etc-panda3d@lists.andrew.cmu.edu

Thanks, I’ve resolved the mentioned issues and put up a new deb.

Hello again,

I believe this to be a related issue. If it is not, please move this to the related category.

The instructions at, panda3d.org/download.php?pla … .3&runtime, request the user to add the following to the ‘other sources’, changing the distribution as necessary:

deb archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu maverick main

However,

deb archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu natty main
AND
deb archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu natty-dev main

both fail with the following message:

Failed to fetch archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu/dists … 6/Packages 404 Not Found
Failed to fetch archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu/dists … ce/Sources 404 Not Found

This issue occurs when re-directed to install the web plug-in as well. The only recourse is to manually install from, panda3d.org/download.php?run … sion=devel

Am I (highly likely) missing something?

Thank you for your help.

This is not the same problem as was discussed in the thread.

The two errors you showed are actually unrelated to each other. The first one says that the “natty” repo doesn’t exist yet. You should use the “natty-dev” repo, which is atm the only Natty repository up there.

The second one says that you tried to add a “deb-src” line for the natty-dev repo. There are no source packages in there, so there’s no point in adding the deb-src line.

The only line you should be adding is:

deb http://archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu natty-dev main

I understand. What I meant to say was, when I visit my web page (with embedded panda3d) I am requested to download the plug-in (this is by design for testing). When I follow that link, and select the ubuntu option, the instructions provided are what I posted previously.

When I add the source for my system in the package manager repository,

deb http://archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu natty main

I get two entries, one each with and without source defined.

When I refresh the listing, using either ‘natty’ or ‘natty-dev’, I get the “Failed to fetch…” errors.

What I had to do was manually install the plug-in from the devel repo link. But, that doesn’t change the fact that following the site instructions does not install the plug-in. This occurs on three separate unbuntu (natty) machines.

What I did not mention before was that the manual install throws a flag because there is no install size specified. That is why I continued this post rather than start a new one.

I understand. I’ll see what I can do.

Hello,

Just an FYI:

The ‘Failed to fetch…’ issue is resolved, however, the update manager raises the flag, ‘Requires installation of untrusted packages’, and fails to install the 1.8 runtime and engine sdk.

I put a panda3d-runtime package in the non-dev natty repo, try it out.

Ok, FYI:

On a natty (64) machine without a previous panda install, adding…

deb http://archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu natty main

inserts both main and main (Source Code) into the repository. The source code option fails to fetch. The primary references only the runtime.

Disabling the source entry allows installing the runtime.

Right, as I said, there are no source packages. You can’t add the source entry.