[SOLVED]runtime for Ubuntu quantal

Hey guys!
I read in the manual that it’s possible to distribute applications in p3d files. Then i read that i need panda3d-runtime to do that. So i looked how to install it on ubuntu and added it to my sources. Now i trie to install it via apt-get from the command line and got the following error:

$ sudo apt-get install panda3d-runtime
[sudo] password for sven: 
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut       
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen... Fertig
Paket panda3d-runtime ist nicht verfügbar, wird aber von einem anderen Paket
referenziert. Das kann heißen, dass das Paket fehlt, dass es abgelöst
wurde oder nur aus einer anderen Quelle verfügbar ist.

E: Paket »panda3d-runtime« hat keinen Installationskandidaten

(Sorry that the message is in german.)
sudo apt-get update worked fine.
Then i looked on http://archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu/pool/main/p/panda3d-runtime/ and it’s really not there. There’re only runtime packages for older versions of Ubuntu.
Now i wonder if there’s is a deb package for quantal womewhere else or i have to compile it myself.
The installation of the SDK 1.8.1 worked fine.
My OS is linuxmint 14 (which is 100% compatible to programs for Ubuntu 12.10 quantal)

You should use the runtime for precise with no problems at all. But just for programming, it isn’t needed.

Du solltest die Runtime von Precise ohne Probleme verwenden können. Zum Programmieren brauchst du die aber nicht.

archive.panda3d.org/ubuntu/pool/ … d-runtime/

ah thanks.

Correct me please if this is wrong. I think i need it for creating p3d files of my application.

That’s right, of course. But there is also an separate download for packp3d, packpanda, pdeploy etc. Should everything be at runtime.panda3d.org/

Just for summary:

For developing games you need the SDK.
For packaging a done game you need tools that are included in the runtime, but not in the SDK.
One could say that the runtime is a tool for running and creating p3d files.

The runtime is currently not available for Ubuntu quantal; I’m working on it.