ImportError loading libp3visionModules issue on PPC

Hello,

I’m beginning some cross-platform testing for my project and have encountered an issue on a PPC system running Mac OS 10.5.8 .

Using Panda 1.8.1, I seem to be having the same issue with libp3visionModules as in this 2010 thread:
[url]demo not running]

Running a sample program (Tut-Asteroids in my test case) fails, stating:

ImportError: dlopen(/Developer/Panda3D/lib/libp3vision.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _cvCreateCameraCapture
  Referenced from: /Developer/Panda3D/lib/libp3vision.dylib
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

This is happening on a PPC machine running Mac OS 10.5.8 .

Following the advice on that thread (disabling the vision module by editing /Developer/Panda3D/lib/pandac/PandaModules.py and commenting out the part about libp3visionModules) caused it to work normally. I did not encounter the bus error the poster of the 2010 thread was seeing.

If any further tests would be helpful, let me know and I’ll be happy to run them.

The issue is not blocking me at the moment, but I wanted to bring it up because from the 2010 thread it seemed like a full solution was known, but may have been lost track of when the original poster lost access to their computer. I’m not sure if a similar issue occurs when running things as a p3d file, as I haven’t yet gotten that far in my testing - if it does, a workaround may be more complicated in that case.

It completely dropped off my radar since then. It’s probably just a matter of recompiling OpenCV for ppc, and then rebuilding Panda with that.