Anyone have an OSX build including Maya support?

Hi everyone,

I have a large class of game development students doing their yearly 3-week Panda project and, as usual, we’re struggling with the Maya pipeline. Most are on Windows, and I was able to build a 64-bit Panda installer for them with Maya support without too much trouble. But I’m really stuck on getting this for the ones who have OSX. Previously I’ve been able to get this to work for Maya 2011 and 2012 with a lot of workarounds and hacks, but those versions I made don’t seem to work anymore; and I don’t seem to be able to build a usable panda installer with maya support for any version any more.

The students have 10.6.8 and need a version of Panda with maya2egg for either Maya 2014, 2013, 2012, or 2011. Their project is due in less than a week so they’re kind of panicking … I’m still trying to get a build working but in the meantime if anyone in the community has one, that’d be a lifesaver :slight_smile:

The official 1.8.1 build should have support for up to Maya 2011.

That’s what I thought, and figured out where to get old versions from the Autodesk site so I figured we were all set; but the exporter didn’t seem to run. Can’t remember what the error was, I think it was either a “no module named site”, linker error with the Maya libs, missing zlib or another missing framework, but it sent me off down the compiling rabbit hole again, with mixed results. I’ll ask them what the original error was.

The Maya exporters are often problematic because Maya uses their own version of Python which may differ from Panda’s. The safest bet is to compile Panda using the same arch and Python version as the Maya libs use.