Problem using packp3d - Panda3D 1.7.2

The text I posted was the entire error message. Unfortunately the solution didn’t work for me so I will probably use the packpanda logic :slight_smile: .

As for why I am using Panda 1.7.2, it’s because I have an old laptop that has some issues with 1.8.* ( haven’t checked 1.9.* yet ). For me the performance with Panda 1.7.2 is about 40% faster(or was it 60% :confused: …it’s been some time…) and also 1.8.* had some sound issues that weren’t resolved when I tried the solutions posted. The last time I checked the relevant posts about the sound issues they were a discussion in progress, so I don’t know if something new that would solve my problems appeared.

Nevertheless the version compatibility is a problem concerning a 5-6 year old, outdated and on life support, laptop that will be replaced within the year, so it is not something of concern or to be surprised about. I recently updated my graphics drivers to a version not shown on Windows Update so I will re-try 1.8.* and 1.9.*, in case they work well for me now. In case they don’t I will just have to rework my posting scedule of the parts a bit, so they are in bigger chunks. It is not a commercial game so there are no problems.

Thank you for the time you spent helping me find a solution despite it being for a currently unsupported version :slight_smile:.