installed windows SDK, thirdparty directory missing

I downloaded panda development kit (I don’t feel like compiling everything from sources so the ready installer seemed like a perfect solution). As a side note I prefer to stick to C++ if that helps.

I want to compile and run the hello world example using Visual Studio but got stuck when it requested python related headers(I read that Panda comes packaged with python in windows installer).
I’ve tried to find the python.h and include the directory where it is in the project include dirs, but it doesn’t work… I read in the documentation that I should look for directory called thirdparty, but it is nowhere to be found - the instructions might be outdated?

Could someone explain me how to set up a visual studio project with panda?

Here’s my panda diretory:

F:\dev\panda3d>dir /B
bin
direct
etc
include
lib
LICENSE
Manual.url
models
NSIS
panda3d
pandac
plugins
Pmw
python
ReleaseNotes
samples
Samples.url
uninst.exe
Website.url

This should help you out:
http://www.panda3d.org/manual/index.php/Running_your_Program

Thank you for reply! I followed (Most) of the instructions and didn’t work unfortunately.

Got about 20 errors related to deprecation. I noticed I can’t change the target version to anything else than 2015 so I used it which is probably the reason. To make things worse, for some reason I can’t get the 7.1 SDK to install correctly (who said windows is easier to work with than Linux?) because of… some weird compatibility issues.
I think I’ll read the compilation instructions and make an attempt on compiling Panda on VisualStudio 2015 and if that face I’ll boot up my Linux machine.

You could try to install the win 10 sdk and build using its compilers:
[url]AssertionError: has_mat() at line 555 of c:\temp\mkpr\panda3]
Somehow, this is missing on the man page. Ill ask about adding that.