OS X El Capitan cannot find Panda-1.9.2 C++ .dylibs

Return to Installation

OS X El Capitan cannot find Panda-1.9.2 C++ .dylibs

Postby HerkOHerkO » Mon May 30, 2016 11:24 pm

Both the pre-built DMG installer and the DMG installer created from a source build have Panda3D C++ apps on a Mac OS X looking for dynamic libraries (.dylibs) at "@load_path/../" -- The loader, however, cannot find any lib images at that location. Mostly work in Xcode, but I have the same problem building & running from the command line. I've spent two days chasing & trying everything I could find online, but nothing worked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Herk
HerkOHerkO

Re: OS X El Capitan cannot find Panda-1.9.2 C++ .dylibs

Postby rdb » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Hmm, this has to do with how we tell the libraries to find one another on Mac nowadays. It's a bit of a tricky situation that does not have a universal solution on Mac.

The most straightforward thing you could do is put your own application in a subdirectory of /Developer/Panda3D (or move the whole thing to a more convenient location). This will make sure the Panda dylibs can be read in the ../lib/ directory relative to the location of the binary that's loading them.

Another solution would probably involve using "otool -L" and "install_name_tool" to change the way the libraries are referenced.
rdb

Return to Installation