MV3D 0.60 Released!

Good idea… I just edited the post above with that info.

Also the demo server is up now. When creating a character, make sure to chose the Panda character and Panda area since that server hosts worlds for both Panda and Ogre. Let me know if you run into any troubles. There was a bug with the permissions granted to newly created Panda characters that was fixed in svn trunk which may need to be patched on the demo server. MV3D has an extensive permission system for setting up admins and granting or denying access to everything down to the level of in game objects.

If you’ve got questions about how anything works, feel free to ask away. I’ll happily answer if I can.

That’s unfortunate. If you’re more familiar with Python, then MV3D is definitely worth checking out. We’ll eventually be doing optimization in C++ or Cython, but right now, it’s all Python. By the end of the current release, Panda support should be at the same level as Ogre support. The only thing missing right now is character animation and that system is next on my list. Terrain texture splatting for Panda just made it into svn trunk so you can use MV3D’s world editor (Composer) to paint on terrains in Panda now.

Mike