Rubix Cube

Not complete but I wanted to get an idea if this works on other people’s machines.

http://kurohyou.p3dp.com/rubixCube.html

This is the first serious creation I’ve put together with my editor, which I’ll be releasing more info about soon for those interested.

Meanwhile, if you can / can’t run it please let me know!

Seems to work just fine for me. If there is meant to be sound, I don’t hear any. Too bad it doesn’t jumble the cube for me at the start. :slight_smile:
Tested on Win 7 / Firefox 12.

Works fine for me as well, although it’s the same Win7/Firefox 12 combo.

Hi kurohyou, it doesn’t work here (Chrome, my computer (Macmini5,1), Panda Runtime 1.0.4). :frowning:

:HostInfo: Downloading contents file [ https://runtime.panda3d.org/contents.xml?1338910445 ]

:downloader: GET [ https://runtime.panda3d.org/contents.xml?1338910445 ]
:HostInfo(warning): Successfully downloaded https://runtime.panda3d.org/contents.xml?1338910445
:AppRunner: Total Panda3D disk space used: 565 MB
:AppRunner: Configured max usage is: 2048 MB
DirectStart: Starting the game.
:display: loading display module: libpandagl.dylib
:display: loading display module: libtinydisplay.dylib
Known pipe types:
  osxGraphicsPipe
  TinyOsxGraphicsPipe
  TinyOffscreenGraphicsPipe
(all display modules loaded.)
:ShowBase: Default graphics pipe is osxGraphicsPipe (OpenGL).
:display:osxdisplay: Got parent_window (/var/tmp/tmp.0.6LJC9z)
:display: Re-opening SubprocessWindow
:display: Unable to set window properties: title="Panda" !undecorated !fixed_size !cursor_hidden 
:ShowBase: Successfully opened window of type SubprocessWindow (OpenGL)
:audio: NullAudioManager
:audio: NullAudioManager
:ShowBase: __dev__ == 0
Failed to find wx module
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/buildbot/slave/release_rtdist_osx/build/panda3d/built_cmu/direct/showbase/Messenger.py", line 415, in __taskChainDispatch
  File "/Users/buildbot/slave/release_rtdist_osx/build/panda3d/built_cmu/direct/showbase/Messenger.py", line 473, in __dispatch
  File "/Users/buildbot/slave/release_rtdist_osx/build/panda3d/built_cmu/direct/p3d/AppRunner.py", line 745, in __startIfReady
  File "VFSImporter", line 153, in load_module
  File "main.py", line 32, in <module>
  File "F:/Python\p3d\sceneParser.py", line 255, in Load
  File "F:/Python\p3d\sceneParser.py", line 172, in __RecurseLoad
  File "F:/Python\p3d\sceneParser.py", line 132, in __RecurseLoad
  File "F:/Python\p3d\pandaObject.py", line 104, in AttachScript
ImportError: No module named scripts\camera
:task(error): Exception occurred in PythonTask Messenger-default
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/buildbot/slave/release_rtdist_osx/build/panda3d/built_cmu/direct/p3d/AppRunner.py", line 636, in run
  File "/Users/buildbot/slave/release_rtdist_osx/build/panda3d/built_cmu/direct/task/Task.py", line 502, in run
  File "/Users/buildbot/slave/release_rtdist_osx/build/panda3d/built_cmu/direct/task/Task.py", line 460, in step
  File "/Users/buildbot/slave/release_rtdist_osx/build/panda3d/built_cmu/direct/showbase/Messenger.py", line 415, in __taskChainDispatch
  File "/Users/buildbot/slave/release_rtdist_osx/build/panda3d/built_cmu/direct/showbase/Messenger.py", line 473, in __dispatch
  File "/Users/buildbot/slave/release_rtdist_osx/build/panda3d/built_cmu/direct/p3d/AppRunner.py", line 745, in __startIfReady
  File "VFSImporter", line 153, in load_module
  File "main.py", line 32, in <module>
  File "F:/Python\p3d\sceneParser.py", line 255, in Load
  File "F:/Python\p3d\sceneParser.py", line 172, in __RecurseLoad
  File "F:/Python\p3d\sceneParser.py", line 132, in __RecurseLoad
  File "F:/Python\p3d\pandaObject.py", line 104, in AttachScript
ImportError: No module named scripts\camera
:TaskManager: TaskManager.destroy()
Successfully joined thread: 0
Failure on startup.

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for that. I must be using some sort of platform specific method for deriving module names. I’ll check it out.

Cheers!

NB: Odd that the F drive I built the project in is still embedded somewhere in the p3d file…

Works OK for me on Windows 7 / Chrome / Panda3D 1.0.3 runtime.

On a side note the controls are hard to figure out. It’s hard to get the selection to select what you actually want to rotate.

Something that came to mind was the possibility of numpad keys? anywho great work!

~powerpup118

Win 7:
chrome - works
firefox - works

VirtualPC XP mode ie8-7 does not work.

ie9 in ie7 mode - some kinda fps game ??? easter egg?
ie9 in ie8 mode - some kinda fps game ??? easter egg?
ie9 - some kinda fps game ??? easter egg?

About controls(using nupad nr’s to describe tiles):
Single left mouse click on 4, 8, 6 ,2 does rotate the middle section immidiatly to the appropriet direction.
Tiles 7, 9, 3, 1 on left mouse click creates small overlay with 4 arrows(the arrows are not really needed), by exiting the tile area while holding left mouse down will rotate the cube section to that direction.

Clicking on 5 will allow you to play that fps :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers

Thanks for testing, enc. That “Easter Egg” you describe is another Panda project, but on a different URL. I have no idea how / why you’re seeing that on that page!! Anyone have any ideas?

You might want to link to the latest version of the runtime (panda3d.org/download.php?runtime) instead of a specific version.

Thanks Teedee, I’ll do that. :slight_smile:

Updated! http://kurohyou.p3dp.com/rubixCube.html Should actually be a game now :slight_smile:

Flavio, if you have a chance can you test it out on your mac again? I added something that I’m hoping fixed that error.

PM for you. :slight_smile:

Win xp:
chrome - works
firefox - works
ie8 - fps

All I see is a loading screen (the panda one) and a grey screen after that.