Nirai 1.5 has been released!

Nirai is a game deployment tool for Panda3D, now open-sourced at github.com/nirai-compiler.

This project has been in the works for about a year, but at first wasn’t a really serious project. The only person who had access to it was the main author Loblao.

Nirai is being open-sourced now because we believe that the Panda3D community could benefit from a tool such as this to make it easier to get your projects out to the public and prevent source code dumping and arbitrary Python code injection. Loblao, the author of Nirai, believed that a secure deployment tool was needed and the built in Panda3D utilities, such as ppackage, were not adequate.

This project is meant to be used for compiling the source code of Panda3D games for production. An static executable is made, which by default contains Panda3D and Python. However, you may link any other .pyd/.dll files to this executable if you wish (ex. libpandadna).

Currently, Nirai has been tested only on Windows, but support for Linux and Mac is coming.

Nirai will get continuous support from its authors. I hope the Panda3D community finds this utility beneficial to their projects. Good day!

This looks interesting, but how do I get started and compile this? There’s no clear documentation on the github page :confused:

I’m getting this error:

rc4.cxx(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Python.h': No such file or directory
Could Not Find C:\nirai\rc4.obj
Could Not Find C:\nirai\rc4.lib
Could Not Find C:\nirai\rc4.exp

Thanks

RC4 assumes you have Python 2.7 installed at C:\Python27. However, RC4 is getting replaced with AES today, which will be easier to build.

Just commited AES. The build should be pretty straight forward now.

It seems I’m just having a path issue. btw, I noticed that the batch file compiles to 32 bit and i got 64 at the moment, does it work with x64?

Thanks. :smiley:

I haven’t tested x64, but it should work. Please let me know if you try and how it comes out.

Yes, I changed the batch file to use thirdparty x64 libs. Getting this error with openssl (bn.h)

error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal

and not sure what to use with the linker libraries.