Tapit, clickable cube game

Been awhile since I have posted. Come check out Tapit, a clickable cube game I have built. It is deployed via webpage and a .p3d file. It has been well tested with windows environments but I could use some feedback from OSx and linux users. In theory it should work for anyone who has installed the panda3d runtime. Let me know what you all think. High scores are uploaded automatically so you can see yours.

high scores: tcoenterprises.com/mycube/scores.php

the game home page tcoenterprises.com/mycube/

I love this little game. :slight_smile: Even managed to get third place.

It works great for me in Mozilla Firefox on 64-bit Slackware Linux.

It seems to crash on my machine, I’m afraid.

The “p3dsession” log file seems to indicate that it’s looking for versions of certain OpenGL files that I don’t have. The full log follows:

:AppRunner: Total Panda3D disk space used: 339 MB
:AppRunner: Configured max usage is: 2048 MB
DirectStart: Starting the game.
:display: loading display module: libpandagl.so
:display: loading display module: libp3tinydisplay.so
Known pipe types:
  glxGraphicsPipe
  TinyXGraphicsPipe
  TinyOffscreenGraphicsPipe
(all display modules loaded.)
:ShowBase: Default graphics pipe is glxGraphicsPipe (OpenGL).
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/home/ian/.panda3d/hosts/runtime.panda3d.org_0f5faf88846080ae/panda3d/cmu_1.8/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so))
libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/r600_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/home/ian/.panda3d/hosts/runtime.panda3d.org_0f5faf88846080ae/panda3d/cmu_1.8/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libLLVM-3.4.so.1))
libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
:display:x11display: Got parent_window 54525955
:display:x11display: os_handle type NativeWindowHandle::X11Handle
:display: Created output of type glxGraphicsWindow
:display: Unable to set window properties: !undecorated !fixed_size parent:54525955 
:ShowBase: Successfully opened window of type glxGraphicsWindow (OpenGL)

I’m running Ubuntu 14.04 (“Trusty”) 64-bit, and my system specs are these:
TOSHIBA Satellite Pro A300
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
2046MB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 (512.0 MB)

Thanks for the feedback. I will try redistributing a new p3d file with the -r pyopengl option and hopefully that will fix that issue Thaumaturge.

Shipping pyopengl will have no influence on it. It seems more like a driver set-up problem. Do you have the proprietary driver installed? Can you run other 3D applications with hardware acceleration?

It might be worth it, however, rebuilding the .p3d with packp3d1.9.p3d, from here:
runtime.panda3d.org/packp3d1.9.p3d

Thanks for the info rdb. I had installed 1.9 when it first was issued but I was having some issues with some other apps I was working on and didn’t have the time to dedicate to sorting it out atm so I continued working with 1.8.1. I’ll try making the p3d with the 1.9 version as you suggest.

Was this directed at me? If so:

I’m not sure of which driver I have installed at the moment; I think that it’s whatever Ubuntu installed automatically.

However, I can indeed run other 3D applications, I do believe–the machine in question is my development machine, and thus a machine on which I’ve run Panda programs of my own, some of which involved shaders (the latter of which I imagine are either not available or not terribly feasible without hardware acceleration).

OK uploaded a new version but I could not get the packp3d1.9 to work. I will have to install 1.9 I believe. Its on the list of things to do. I’ll post here if I can get a 1.9p3d version made.