Panda Bullet

I’m still stuck with regards to making a distributable build, but an idea occurred to me: Enn0x, given willingness to build from source code, is it feasible to get the new features of Bullet into a build of 1.8, and especially into a stand-alone, installer-based distributable version? (Offhand I recall that I’m using the “setTransformDirty” method and the filtering features added to things like ray-casts (which you may recall my asking after previously)–but it’s possible that I’m missing something else that’s not available in 1.8 )

What I have in mind is this:

• Download the source for 1.8
  • Copy the latest dev. files for Bullet over those in the 1.8 source.
  • Build 1.8.
  • When creating a distributable version, instead of specifying that it depends on Bullet, download the dev. version of the Bullet library and have it include that as an ordinary file in the appropriate place.

Is that likely to work? Does the distributable version rely on being aware that Bullet is being used (so that it knows to look for the library file, for example), and if so, is there a way of spoofing that? (One contingency that comes to mind is installing the game onto a system, replacing the Bullet library there, and then zipping up the game’s directory and distributing that–this is for prototype feedback, so it doesn’t have to be pretty, and can probably tolerate some issues.) Does any of the new Bullet functionality rely on anything from the dev. version of Panda (some new method in NodePath, for argument’s sake)?

[edit] Experiments thus far seem to suggest that it’s not as simple as I’d hoped. I’ve managed to get as far as a black screen, but seem to be tripping up when I attempt to import a Bullet class; I’m not yet sure of whether this is the result of some interdependency with Panda (or some other module), a mistake in my (modified) xml files, a problem with simply boxing up the installation file into a zip and moving it to a new machine, or some other issues…