Crude Hack To Enable OpenGL 3/4 Contexts

I will put a hosting link in little bit, cant say I’d noticed that sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

###Minor update###
Having spoken to rdb briefly yesterday this next hack may be irrelevant, but ive not had time to look at his suggestion.

I’ve added a few hook functions in panda texture file areas so you can silently use QTImage(opengl) formats. Ive always had issues modifying floating images in panda, but as i said im not really that clued up.
Note: you can use QTs painter functions to edit these images too! So Font rendering etc could be abuse too

As long as you dont use panda features on the hooked texture, it seems ok.

As adding QT as a dependency, or any other opengl framework (which is all im using it for basically), is a no go, I will propose and show a simple example, of a few updates to Panda that will remove the need to build linked to QT, or any other framework.

For example having OpenGL override/shared property in state guardian, and override pointer in nodes. With this, Panda would just delegate to the given attached subroutine when it encounters a node with advanced/external connection.

As i said, my current hacks were just to see if i could get it to work, and surprisingly it does.