Python 3 Support

I reinstalled Panda from this http://www.panda3d.org/download.php?platform=macosx&version=devel&sdk “Panda3D-SDK-1.10.0-2acde88-MacOSX10.6.dmg” and I got this result:

asteroids $ python3 --version
Python 3.6.0
asteroids $ python3 main.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 16, in <module>
    from direct.showbase.ShowBase import ShowBase
  File "/Developer/Panda3D/direct/showbase/ShowBase.py", line 12, in <module>
    from panda3d.core import *
ImportError: dlopen(/Developer/Panda3D/panda3d/core.so, 2): Symbol not found: __Py_ZeroStruct
  Referenced from: /Developer/Panda3D/panda3d/../lib/libp3interrogatedb.1.10.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /Developer/Panda3D/panda3d/../lib/libp3interrogatedb.1.10.dylib
asteroids $

Per [url]Installing on Ubunutu 7.10]:

test1 $ python3
Python 3.6.0 (v3.6.0:41df79263a11, Dec 22 2016, 17:23:13)
[GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] on darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import sys
>>> sys.path
['', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages', '/Developer/Panda3D', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python36.zip', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/lib-dynload']
>>>

I did a vanilla install from the dmg. I only had a couple of minutes this morning so my debug time is limited.

I did notice this other posting: [url]Panda3D OSX issues Python linking]. That there was reference to a bug in GCC:

In [url]Installing on Ubunutu 7.10] there is reference to different version of Python:

Did I grab the wrong version? I can swap out the Python version if need be. When I tried compiling Panda, I got bogged down with the third party apps. Is it worth getting that pipeline working to have the latest Panda? I’m just starting out with the engine, so I don’t need all the bells and whistles. I have a lot to learn as it is! I’m not sure if I mentioned this, but I’m running a Mac with OS 10.12.2.

As a side note, should I code my Python code differently to support Cython? I was planning on using CTypes within Python. Good idea or not worth the effort?

Thanks for the input!

Josh