PandaSteer 2

Chombee,

I’ve been working on a 3D version of your code. Things are going well, your code was written such that it’s been pretty easy.

I noticed in your latest version you’re referencing the Panda collision system instead of your own collision detection.

Using your older collision system as a guide I rewrote the code so that five probes were produced (forward,right,left, up, down) for collision detection instead of the three that Vehicle.py had.

My point in telling you all this is that I see that you’re using collision tubes now. It seems like with more vehicles you’re going to have some serious performance issues. I wonder if a five-probe-CollisionRay system would work better for performance. I have code for generating four probes each 45 degrees out from the forward vector like a pyramid with the position as the apex.

Also, a somewhat unrelated question. It looks like in the code that you’re assigning all the collision objects to the collision Traverser- It looks like the SphereObstacles are “from” objects instead of “into” objects. Is there a reason for this?