Onscreen IDE & dynamic instant update [_v0.5.4_]

Sorry, it took me too long. My first 1.5.2 .deb was corrupt, so I had to DL it again, plus wxPython was not installed by default in Hardy 8.0.4, so I had to install GTK+2 and build wxWidgets myself. Got confused a bit, I did some parts of the build process a little differently and got stuck for a while. :S
After it was built, I moved wx’s /lib/* to /usr/lib and the built /wx to python2.5/site-packages. The demo works gorgeously, but when I tried the IDE, none of the threads work. I use new thread to display all dialog (except 1, the exit & save confirmation), since ShowModal never return. On Windows, that works fine, but not on Linux.
Any clue about that ? Could it be something wrong with my wx build ? Perhaps I missed something.

Other bad news on Linux :
The code-completion description’s RTT is at low res
the sort order of 2d nodes get scrambled
Perhaps they’re simply P3D version changes (serious !) issues, I use 1.5.1 on Windows, and 1.5.2 on Linux.
wx’s clipboard must be checked if it’s already opened, otherwise assertion error !
wx show event for the code preview panel in create-new-file step doesn’t fired at all, causes the preview never generated at all
I’ll take closer look at them soon.

Good news :

I have re-arranged all StaticBoxSizers.

Before migrated to execl recently, I’ve used to use spawnl P_NOWAIT, plus sys.exit.
The only reason is, on Windows, most of the time, using spawnl minimizes the python console, it’s kinda annoying. One thing you (might) miss was closing the welcome screen window (sys.exit after os.spawnl). I could be wrong, so what’s the difference of with and without sys.exit ? The problem is solved as soon as the new python session is spawned, isn’t it ?

In IDE.py, I already inserted the main script’s dir to the path :

IDE_lastBrowsePath=os.path.dirname(APP_mainFile)
sys.path.insert(0,IDE_lastBrowsePath)

at the beginning, before importing user’s app, and nothing went wrong on Linux. Moreover, I always stick to /root when running “python /path/to/IDE_STARTER.pyw” on terminal.

On Windows, I used to execute “python script.py” not from console, so the CWD is set automatically to script’s dir. But on Linux (so far I always start the IDE from terminal, still from /root), so the CWD isn’t changed.
I just added this to IDE_STARTER, so the panda image can be found :

# sets the working dir to the script's location, just to ease the pain
os.chdir( os.path.dirname(sys.argv[0]) )

but I haven’t tried adding that in IDE.py though.

On Windows it’s without double-quotes, since double-quotes are automatically stripped by the OS. I guess Unix uses single-quotes, isn’t it ?
Actually, sys.argv[1] is “/path/to/file1::::/path/to/file2::::/path/to/file3”, not “/path/to/file1”::::“/path/to/file2”::::“/path/to/file3”, so this works :

APP_files=sys.argv[1].strip('"').split('::::')

Thanks for your attention, Hypnos !
BTW, is there any delicious reason to stick to python 2.4 ? v2.5 offers some performance optimizations and more interesting things.