-

I’ve never used py2exe, so I can’t help much there.

However, I can say this: the pandac module is implemented quite differently under 1.1 than under 1.0. If you figure out how to solve it under 1.0, you’ll probably have to use a different solution under 1.1. Under 1.1, here’s how it works:

Each DLL such as “libpandaexpress” contains a bunch of python classes and methods. These are self-contained in the sense that you can import them directly into python without any sort of intervening wrapper and it works fine. For example, you can say:

from libpandaexpress import *

and you’ll get a bunch of the panda classes. In fact, I think their intent is to gradually move toward a system where you just import classes directly from the DLLs in the way I just showed.

However, in a few unusual cases, the disney guys are mixing C++ and python classes like this:

• Define the class in C++
  • Write most of the methods in C++
  • Write a few “extra methods” in python.

If you just import the classes directly from the DLLs, you’ll get the C++ class definition and the C++ methods, but you’ll miss out on the “extra methods.” That’s what the “pandac” directory is for.

The pandac directory contains small files that look like this:

from libpandaexpress import *
define extra method 1
insert extra method 1 into such-and-such class
define extra method 2
insert extra method 2 into such-and-such class
etc, etc.

So basically, 90 percent of the work consists of just importing the class and its methods from the DLLs, and the remaining 10 percent is attaching the python methods to the C++ classes.

I don’t know if that will help you sort this out, I hope it does, though.