Play Stainless beta! [RTS/TPS combo] + HD trailer

Thanks for the feedback everybody!

@Hypnos: By default right now, the game actually runs in a window that’s set to the screen size. I’m finding that the only way to get good results is to edit Config.prc and not touch the window properties after startup. And I forgot about that port thing, I changed the default to 8081. Thanks. :slight_smile: And the menu/Globe.egg texture references are fixed too. All this stuff will be in the next SVN revision.

@ThomasEgi: I’d loan you an artist if I had any, but it’s just me. :slight_smile: Anyway, I added a quick try … except ImportError block for importing psyco, so it’s optional now. Also, I’m running Windows 7 x64, and 32-bit psyco runs just fine. Don’t know if 32-bit psyco runs on 64-bit Linux, but I suggest trying it if you haven’t yet.

I’m aware of the wall-jump issue. You can actually make very small course adjustments while in-air by holding WASD, which makes it even easier to wall-jump. I’m fine with that, but I guess I should probably add ceilings to these levels. :slight_smile:

Are you referring to the droids becoming partially invisible? That’s supposed to happen, but if the cloaker droid is making the physics blocks transparent, that’s a bug I’ve never encountered.

The mouse issue has long been my nemesis with this project. It varies a lot depending on the framerate. If you want to take a look at the code, it’s in the “Mouse” class in src/engine.py.