AI Libraries for Panda3D

[size=150]Pandai v0.5 Now Available for Use![/size]

Hello Everyone,

For the first half of our semester-long ETC project, our team has worked hard to create a collection of game A.I. steering behaviors for the Panda3D engine. We currently have developed seven steering behaviors (seek, flee, pursue, evade, arrival, wander, and flock) for this collection, all of which only require simple function calls in Python to work. Most of these behaviors can also work together simultaneously, and we have provided Python programmers with the ability to set behavior priority levels in these cases. We have packaged the seven steering behaviors along with the ability to combine them in the latest release of our framework, Pandai v0.5.

To access this latest version, please visit our TEAM WEBSITE and navigate to the “Download” page. There, you will find directions for installing Pandai v0.5 and instructions for how to use the various A.I. behaviors in your code. If you would like to read descriptions about each of the steering behaviors and view some simple demonstrations, please navigate to the“AI Types” page. Finally, if you want to see examples of some of the A.I. behaviors from this collection working in Panda3D projects, please visit our site’s “Gallery” page.

Please email our team at groups.google.com/group/pandai-support in order to learn more about our project and gain access to instant updates on our progress.

We hope that you all enjoy the A.I. systems being offered in Pandai v0.5 and that they benefit your Panda3D projects! In the second half of our semester, we are working on adding a pathfinding system to this current collection of steering behaviors, so please keep an eye out for our next release. Thank you!

We would like to personally thank David and Pro-rsoft for helping out thus far!!