my fps network game

Not yet. Wanting to finish two more things on server side before I release the code. Almost done, but I’ll take me a few weeks I think (commenting and testing to make sure everything works). Atm, it is using a ram disk system to load and off load user profiles to help speed up both writing and reading with another thread backing up the files off to another disk (HDD). I found this to be super faster with little risk to user data. Atm should support up to 5-10 people I think. I really would like to test that thory out if maybe you want to inv some friends to play at once with you as you test it.

(not 100% done)
I’m also supporting what I call frames. User sends frames of either compress or uncompress data to server at .1 intervals. Server threads tho the requested information and then recomplies them back into a frame to be sent to other users or back to client.

Frames are sent as either compress or uncompress depanding on their size. aka as long as the compress version is smaller than the uncompress one.

(Haven’t started yet, but will soon; it still need more thought. (Do this as number 2))
Another will be what I call boosting. One of the problems of running a home made server is that your upload speed is not as fast as your download speed. To get around this, server will send a spical packet to the fastest client running the booster code to send to another client that has to wait for the sever to be able to free it self to send more data. The client that is waiting will get the data instead from the fastest person running the boostr code and then send a checksum to server to make sure its the right data before trying to run the code. This results into less data having to go out from the server to client resulting in turning your download into your upload. Cus the check sum is bigger than your resulting “ok” from the server.

(Something I would like to do later (or do this as number 2))
Find a way to “guess” where users are going and then only update when they stop instead of just sending their position every few sec. This would cut down banwith by a lot too. Aka, if user is moving then keep moving that user in that diraction untill server sends a change in speed or diraction.