Naith

ThomasEgi: I hadn’t considered making a puzzle game - its always been about making something that looks good, which pushes you towards a traditional fps style game. Now that you mention it I might consider a quick diversion in that direction if I can think up of a good set of puzzles! I’m wondering how hard a gravity gun would be to make, and what kind of puzzles could then follow:-)

As for the level design - the original test level is not meant to be like a normal level, just a number of environments with a central hub, in which to test things. The cove level is basically a traditional ‘opening’ level - it makes you navigate, jump, crouch and explore. Its missing a lot of detail of course - I was intending it to have far more green, and various ‘interest’ points. If you climb up behind the boulder you can find the exit, though it currently drops you into the sea.

Nemesis#13: Yeah, its got more glitches than you can shake a stick at. The one that is annoying me the most is the character - try turning and moving at the same time whilst watching an edge. I just can’t work out why. I’m thinking of just writing a new plugin to control the character to be honest - current one isn’t so well designed anyway. Technically, the sun makes everything brighter - the problem is the tone mapping then makes everything really dark relatively speaking. I can’t decide which I prefer myself - but yes, try out a cove variant first - the test level is boring except for some funky physics and the technically interesting use of portals, which you can’t see unless you switch to wireframe (f7). Also, try f1 - brings up a developers console into which you can type arbitrary python commands, and access all the plugins.

btw - any of you get it working in Windows? My graphic card went screwy when I tried, though it technically did run - just took out the computer when I entered a level!