AI Libraries for Panda3D

1. Yes you need to maintain the order as the data will be read in the same order into a vector which is then used for pathfinding.
  2. The AI characters will be using these node positions to traverse the mesh. These are the world space coordinates of the nodes. It will be the center of each grid cell.
  3. The constraint for the mesh is that it should have the same number of rows and columns. So if you have a rectangular mesh, then all the grid cells will not be squares and cells will have some minute dimension variance.
  4. The info starts at bottom left if I am not mistaken. I will confirm this anyhow.
  5. If a node does not exist (which means it is an obstacle) it will be specified as null when the data gets written into the vector during runtime. During pathfinding the A* checks if a node is traversable by doing a null check.
  6. So you can pretty much divide your entire 1024 X 1024 map into a grid. Make sure your grid has same number of rows and columns and then find the center position of each of the grid cells and assign it as the node positions in your csv. At this point all the nodes in your grid exist and are traversable. Now in the code you can toggle whether these nodes are traversable or not. As long as the data in the csv that you generate is in the same format I don’t see why you should have any issue using our pathfinding.

Just so that we are on the same page, we use waypoint meshes in PandAI as compared to Navmesh. And we know the confusion is due to the naming convention we used to explain the mesh generation process and pathfinding. Our apologies.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks!