Awesomium

fynn, why don’t you create a thread in the “new features in development” forum. I’m very interested in this and I (and others) may be able to help you. I wanted to use awesomium when it came out until I learned about the LGPL license, then it even went commercial. Berkelium on the other hand is BSD. I hadn’t heard about it until now.

I have a question though, becuase I’ve never used awesomium so I’m not sure how these libraries work. What do you mean exactly by javascript bindings? The berkelium website states that javascript is supported, so I guess that no-bindings means that you can’t call C++ code from inside a javascript script running inside a website displayed by Berkelium, right? In that case, could one use this event?

virtual void Berkelium::WindowDelegate::onConsoleMessage	(	Window * 	win,
WideString 	message,
WideString 	sourceId,
int 	line_no	 
)			 [inline, virtual]

Then in javascript you could use console.log() or throw() to send a string message through this event, the message could include any data, you could uuencode it for example, that should serve as a primitive means of communication with the host program. This is hacky though, but as long as it works…

Now we still need communication the other way around, from the host program to the script, and it seems you can do that with this:

virtual void Berkelium::Window::executeJavascript	(	WideString 	javascript	 ) 	 [pure virtual]		

So whatever “javascript-bidings” means, do you think one could achieve any level of integration through these two things? Am I missing something?