Point & Click Turning Bug!

Oh Wow!!! This is fantastic!!!

Russ, I think you’ve done it. I’ve just tested it, and it works almost perfectly. It’s a HUGE improvement over the original code.

But there’s just one little hiccup, that weird ‘spin around in the opposite direction’ bug is still there, but not as bad as before. This time it only occurs in 3 places.

The first time is when traveling in a straight line ‘north to south’ through the middle of the map, if I first click on a point in the middle of the map, the player moves nicely to that point. But if I click again to resume traveling (in the same direction), the player spins a full circle before he moves to the next click.

The next two occurences are when traveling clockwise and anti-clockwise around the edges of the map (by clicking in each corner). I’ve made a quick image to show you what I mean (this nasty little bug is consistent and repeatable, it happens in the same spots over and over).

Anyway, bugs or no bugs, I can’t thankyou enough for taking the time to work on this for me. This thing has had me almost in tears. I didn’t think I’d ever solve it. Without you’re help, I think I’d have given up on it. Thankyou a thousand times over.

Cheers