Any one up for OSX work.

Weird. There seems to be different version of the .h files running around not sure the exact problem here. Only reference I can find to this value is in float.h under /usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.3 I did use gcc 4.0 not 3.3 so not sure of the 3.3 behavior But looking at the floats.h it will not parse without the symbol present.

… But lets focus on a simple solution. For symbols that are hard defined in a compiler ( GCC) You can just transfer them to the interrogate preprocessor. Something like this .

1. From the command line

gcc -E -dM - < /dev/null | grep “__FLT_EVAL”
#define FLT_EVAL_METHOD 0

1. Then we need to let interrogate know what the compiler thinks this symbol. A simple answer is to modify the SYSTEM_IGATE_FLAGS in Config.osx.

#define SYSTEM_IGATE_FLAGS -D__ppc__ -D__const=const -Dvolatile -D__BIG_ENDIAN__ -D__inline__=inline -D__GNUC__ -D FLT_EVAL_METHOD=0

Again I am curious what compiler version you are using

Seeing a “cpp –v “ would be great … Here is mine.

cpp -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/specs
Configured with: /private/var/tmp/gcc/gcc-4061.obj~8/src/configure --disable-checking --prefix=/usr --mandir=/share/man --enable-languages=c,objc,c++,obj-c++ --program-transform-name=/^[cg][^+.-]*/s//-4.0/ --with-gxx-include-dir=/include/gcc/darwin/4.0/c++ --build=powerpc-apple-darwin8 --host=powerpc-apple-darwin8 --target=powerpc-apple-darwin8
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.0 20041026 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 4061)
/usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/cc1 -E -traditional-cpp -mconstant-cfstrings -quiet -v -I/usr/include -D__DYNAMIC__ -D__ENVIRONMENT_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED__=1040 - -fPIC
ignoring nonexistent directory “/usr/local/include”
ignoring nonexistent directory “/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/…/…/…/…/powerpc-apple-darwin8/include”
ignoring duplicate directory “/usr/include”
as it is a non-system directory that duplicates a system directory
#include “…” search starts here:
#include <…> search starts here:
/usr/include/malloc/
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/include
/usr/include
/System/Library/Frameworks
/Library/Frameworks
End of search list.

Roger