iphone compilation problems

Oops, sorry, I didn’t get a chance to look last night. I’ll check again. But let me reiterate: there is no ‘project’ in the XCode sense. All I ever had was a tree of source code, as checked out from CVS, and with embedded Makefiles as generated by ppremake.

In short, I don’t have anything that you don’t already have.

The iphone_pview app is the only app I ever built. I had been working by hacking the code I needed into that app. I believe I had written it to unpack and launch its application code from a Panda3D multifile (.mf) file; this was an early precursor to the modern .p3d system.

The modern design for a Python-based iphone project would be to write a standalone app that launches a p3d file. This would be very similar to the existing code in iphone_pview, but it would utilize the modern conventions for p3d files. I don’t expect a newcomer to Panda3D to have an easy time writing this code.

To write a C++ or Objective-C based iPhone project, though, you could start with iphone_pview and simply modify it to suit your needs, writing the application directly there. That would be much simpler.

For a Panda newcomer, it would probably be worthwhile to write the application first in the standard desktop environment, to learn the normal Panda conventions.

David