Panda Bullet

Hey enn0x, back again - I know what you’re thinking, “When will he leave? >.>” nah just kidding though if you want me to just shush and let you work let me know :wink:

(Does the BulletHeightFieldShape (or it’s node) provide a way to display a visual texture? otherwise I assume that I must build my visual heightmap using panda’s heightfield generator found here, in which case)

When matching a bullet heightfield with a panda visual heightfield, several inconvenient things happen (which I think might be easy-ish to include)

you have to turn the visual map using setH(90) because I guess panda or bullet disagree with the starting rotation or something
after that, the bullet map starts in the center point of the image (image width / 2 image height / 2, basically), the panda visual heightmap starts… in some corner, so you have to set it’s X and Y to offset half the image (which is weird), I wonder if either we could offset the bullet heightfield to match the panda3d one, OR add a way for a texture to be set on the bullet heightfield

these are just idea’s and I’m only hoping to give good feedback, what you’ve done so far is brilliant and I really want to see it go further :wink:
So it’s totally up to you if you think this is important or non important or anything
~powerpup118