Panda Bullet

No worries. I might be a bit sarcastic now and then, but I carefully read all suggestions, and I appreciate input.

No. The Bullet shapes are pure collision objects, without any visible geom. I want to keep it this way. Users should be able to choose whatever visible geometry they need (including whatever way of texturing/shaders they want to have.

The intended way is to create a BulletRigidBodyNode, reparent it to e. g. “render”, and then place nodes with visible geometry BELOW this node. If the body node’s transform changes then the visual geoms move together with the body node.

Hmmm… good point. Having the same conventions about orientation and origin in GeoMipTerrain and BulletTerrainShape would be convenient. However, there might be other ways of creating a terrain geometry, for example a simple static mesh, which won’t follow the GeoMipTerrain conventions. I have to thing about it, but I guess I will align both conventions.

Until then the best way would be to place the GeoMipTerrain below the BulletRigidBody, and just offset it’s transform and scale. For example Like Sothh has done (thanks for the code).