ODE Middleware

Yes. They’re the essence of PandaSteer, basically. There’s also obstacles in the original PandaSteer, but that doesn’t really need it’s own class in my version – all you need to do to have an obstacle is add a static/kinematic object with a sphere geom to whatever you want to be avoided by the vehicles. Then you set the bitmask correctly and you’re good to go.

The bitmasks should be such that the vehicle’s ai capsule collides with obstacles’ ai spheres, obviously.

Right now I’m trying to figure out a way to make the most important part of pathfinding-steering interoperability, which is containment on the navmesh. I’m trying to figure out how to keep the agents on the navmesh at all times, because that’s extremely important (as the creator of Recast/Detour points out).

As far as the containers that come with PandaSteer, I haven’t used them yet, but they don’t need to be changed at all to work with my version of PandaSteer (unless I’ve done something to the containment code and don’t remember what ;D).

About pathfinding, yes, it “only” loads the navmesh and allows you to find a path through it, so there was no need to change it to work with my ODE stuff. The only changes I’ve made to it include better path smoothing and path visualization.

Oh, just note that when you load the navmesh (as egg) it’s center MUST be on the world center. Otherwise you will get strange results.