Panda Bullet

@powerpup118

Thank you very much, and glad you like it so far.
About integrating with Panda3D source code, well, original plans have been to introduce Bullet support with Panda3D 2.0. I am still not sure if the code is stable already, and there might be one more complete rewrite. so I’m afraid it will be too late for 1.7.1. The odd releases usually don’t introduce new features, so maybe 1.7.2 or 1.8.0.

About the issue with the character demo: This is a bug in Bullet itself. If you compile Bullet yourself you should patch the source code. See panda3d.org/forums/viewtopi … 6858#66858 for a link to the Bullet forums (yes, it’s a know bug in Bullet).

Basically you edit one file, src/BulletDynamics/Character/btKinematicCharacterController.cpp. In line 87 you add “convexResult”, changing the line from

hitNormalWorld = m_hitCollisionObject->getWorldTransform().getBasis()...

to

hitNormalWorld = convexResult.m_hitCollisionObject->getWorldTransform().getBasis()...

Then compile Bullet and libpandabullet, and the character demo should work well too. I hope this bug will be fixed soon within Bullet source code, since it is quite annoying to patch the code each time I get a new revision of the Bullet source code. But I’m afraid the character controller doesn’t have high priority for Bullet developers.