Any one up for OSX work.

hi there,

i’ve now created a page with collected instructions and a binary package for Panda3D (the instructions do not include the means to compile Panda3D yourself, i will add that later for people interested - until then you have to dig through this thread).

have a look at knuddl.net/moin.cgi/InstallPanda3d

please be aware that this is totally experimental! if you do not follow the instruction as exactly as possible the package won’t probably work. use at your own risk! this is not an official package, but hacked together by myself to make it easier for me to install Panda3D on other Macs. you still need to use the terminal for various parts.

the package reflects the result of this thread. there is a second thread here with a patch by tetious, which i have already applied to my private workspace but not yet to the binary package. this will give us shader support and most of the pandatools. i need to clean this up a little and i hope to contribute a patch back to Panda3D with all of this.

i am hoping to improve the package over time. so stay tuned for a new version within a couple of days (can’t give an ETA sorry - this is a hobby project of mine).

hope that helps,
kaweh

you can reach me at: kaweh (at) knuddl (dot) net - please be aware that i can’t give any support - the package is “as is”. i’m interested in any feedback. if i can help and time permits, i will certainly do so.